There are plenty of factors that can trigger dementia. It can be hereditary or caused by lifestyle, among others.
Taking care of someone with a chronic illness can be taxing. It is frustrating to deal with mood swings and memory problems. It feels like there is no hope for them to get better. However, as a provider of non-medical home care, we can attest that there is hope.
Seniors with dementia may not get better in a snap of time, but they can manage to be better along the way. Healthy living is best for them to follow. A healthy diet means taking the right foods for them to supplement their medication and vitamin requirements.
As any home health aide in California would tell you, exercising can do wonders for a senior with dementia. Here are some of the benefits exercise can give to them:
- It can improve the health of the heart and blood vessels, reducing the risks for common cardiovascular diseases like stroke, heart disease, and stroke.
- Exercising can help reduce the risk of falls since it can improve strength and balance.
- It is also known to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes and improve blood glucose control.
- An active person during the day will tend to have a more satisfying sleep at night.
- Above all, it encourages them to maintain independence and improves their cognition.
All City Caregivers can assist your loved ones with their daily living. Our agency offers home care services in Simi Valley, California.
We cater to those with dementia, cancer, and other chronic disease-diagnosed patients.
Learn more about the services we offer and the clients we can care for by checking out the details here on our website. For more information, call us.